Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Videos

One of my goals when I started working at the Telegram was to learn video. I have been meaning to post some examples for a while now, and so I will start with the first video I made while I was here, and the most recent one. I had dabbled in video a little bit, but the battle of the bands was my first real attempt at using video. The latest one I worked on was a first day of school experience as a back to school special. Video is a bit more difficult for me, though I like it because it forces you to become a quick problem solver. You really have to be thinking on your feet the whole time, the biggest difficulty for me is remembering to gather nat sound while shooting. A special thank you to all of those who have helped me learn, who have answered my calls at all hours and answered my questions without laughing (example, check to make sure there are no discarded clips on the timeline that would make your piece 12 minutes long and an obscenely large file size). Every time I look over a video I find things that I would do differently next time and try and incorporate those changes in my next video. I would appreciate any feedback as I continue to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment